Bluetooth speaker

Started by PatrickVossen, August 01, 2017, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickVossen

Hello,

Is there a known limitation that audioDJStudio cannot handle bluetooth speakers?
It seems that or, InitSoundSystem fails or when trying to start a player, everythings seems OK but the the sound is not played (also no progress on SoundPositionGet).

I have noticed this same behaviour in the past when using Dante virtual soundcard.

Grtz Patrick Vossen

Administrator

Hello,

I'm not aware of such limitation: could you be so kind to send me more information about the model of speakers in use and about the Windows system you are testing with? A log generated by the DxDiag.exe utility (usually available inside the \Windows\System32 folder) would be also welcome.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

PatrickVossen

Hello,

I have tested it with two sets of speaker/bluetooth dongle.

First set : Bose Soundlink mini II speaker / Trust LBUT4A Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter
Second set : Sweex SWBTSP200BL speaker / König CSBLUEKEY200 Mini bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter

Only tested on Windows10.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Fresh booth of Windows
2. Connect BT speaker to computer
3. Start TestPlayers.exe from Samples-folder
4. Load MP3 (44.100 / 256kbps)
5. Press Play

Only thing that happens is that the red lines of the VU-meter appear.

This time it results in a not starting of playing sound, but sometimes the InitSoundSystem fails when starting the application

Best regards,

Administrator

Hello,

please, go to the Sound applet of the Windows control panel and, inside the list of playback devices, locate the 2 devices implemented by the bluetooth driver: you should find one device named "Headset" and another device named "Headphones": with the mouse try to right click the "Headset" device and press the "Disable" menu item.
From our testing the "Headphones" device should now work as expected: please, let me know if you can reproduce this behaviour too.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

PatrickVossen

Hello Severino,

Thanks for your reply.

I have disabled the "Headset" and everything for fine. (Tested with Sweex/König combination)
This evening I am going to test it with the other combination, but I expect that this will work also.

Grtz
Patrick Vossen

gmckay

Hi

I know this is an old post but it was a long running problem for me instantly solved when I found this solution to the Bluetooth speakers issue.

Thanks