Enhanced Spectrum settings problem

Started by Johnny J., July 28, 2015, 10:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny J.

On this page you can find information about how to use the SPECTR_ENH_WAVE_SETTINGS structure to customize the look of the Enhanced Spectrum:

http://www.multimediasoft.com/adjstudnet/help/index.html?spectr_enh_general_settings.htm

At the very bottom, it is shown how the settings apply to an enhanced spectrum when the general settings Graph Type is set to:

descSpectrGeneral.nGraphType = enumSpectrumEnhTypes.SPECTR_ENH_AREA_LEFT_TOP;

But on most of the page, the view that is shown is this one:

descSpectrGeneral.nGraphType = enumSpectrumEnhTypes.SPECTR_ENH_SPECTRAL_VIEW;

So what I wonder is: How do you configure the colors of THAT view? Because when that graph type is chosen, it seems like the only values from the SPECTR_ENH_WAVE_SETTINGS structure that are used are bClearSpectralViewOnEnd and colorVertLineSpectralView. The other colors don't seem to be used?

Cheers,
Johnny J.

Administrator

Hello,

yes, you are correct: the spectral view at the moment uses a fixed map for rendering colors of frequency intensities. May be that in some future release this will be customizable as well but at the moment there's no plan for it.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

Johnny J.

OK, thanks a lot. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure, so I just wanted to check. It's not that important either.

I have another question, though. I don't think that's possible either, but just to make sure:

I would like to change the colors of the bands of the DisplaySpectrum structure. I know it can be done this way:

audioDjStudio.DisplaySpectrum.set_ColorBands(PLAYER, mySpectrumBarsBandColor);

But I'd really, REALLY like to be able to set it to a vertical gradient color instead of a solid color! That's a much bigger wish than the other....

(That goes for the VUMeter as well, by the way!)

Is it possible in any way I don't know about???

Johnny J.

And one more question, please: Is the nAreaTransparency value of the SPECTR_ENH_WAVE_SETTINGS structure used both for Spectral View and Enhanced Spectrum or only Enhanced Spectrum?

TIA, Johnny

Administrator

Hello,

in this case the area interested by alpha transparency is only applied when the nGraphType parameter of the SPECTR_ENH_GENERAL_SETTINGS structure is set to SPECTR_ENH_AREA_LEFT_TOP, SPECTR_ENH_AREA_RIGHT_TOP, SPECTR_ENH_BARS_LEFT_TOP and SPECTR_ENH_BARS_RIGHT_TOP

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

Johnny J.

OK, thanks! (y)

And my Vertical Gradient question, I guess that's not possible?  :'(

Administrator

Sorry for missing the question about gradient colors: the embedded visual feedbacks don't give a chance to set a gradient color but this can be implemented using graphic bars as seen inside the "Feedbacks" sample. Their usage is simply explained inside the "How to perform custom feedbacks rendering using graphic bars" tutorial:
http://www.multimediasoft.com/adjstudnet/help/adjstudnet_0001b1.htm

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

Johnny J.

No problem. Thanks a lot again! You really supply excellent support! (y)

Johnny J.

OK, I had a look at the option you proposed, but it seems like you lose the peaks to get the gradient, and it only seems to work as VU meter, not as a full spectrum...

So I don't think I'll use the GraphicBars - I guess I have to live with a solid color for my VUMeter and SpectrumBars. Too bad, though, because it doesn't look nearly as good as it would have with a gradient.

Do you think you could possibly add it to the request list for a future version?

Administrator

Hello,

indeed graphic bars are more similar to an advanced progress bar so they don't come with support of the peak but they can be used to render the full spectrum as seen inside the Feedbacks sample: one graphic bar for each element of the table returned by the Spectrum.GetTable method.

At the moment we have no plan for a graphical modification of the embedded visual feedbacks but your request has been added to the wish-list.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft