Hardware Influence on AudioDJ

Started by Ravindra, July 11, 2022, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ravindra

Dear Sir,

I already raised this issue.

I am facing the problem of not showing video in the window on some specific configuration of Laptops.
Especially the latest series of laptops i5,i7....(Intel Graphics (HD) some series)
Surprisingly video is displayed when i use Full screen mode of AudioDJ.
I have installed the latest version of K-lite codecs.

Is this problem related to hardware ? or we can do some coding to sort out this issue.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Administrator

Hello,

this is a known issue that forced us to make some change to our video player.

The main issue is with the DirectShow VMR7 video renderer, which uses DirectDraw for its rendering: this filter is quite efficient in terms of CPU usage and speed but it has been found that there are many buggy video drivers around which are unable to manage its video flow properly and this could result in a blank video window that could be totally white or totally black: for this reason we have added to the very latest build of our component (10.5) a new method (currently undocumented) named VideoPlayer.DisableVMR7 which allows disabling VMR7 and using the older video renderer filter based upon GDI on systems suffering the issue.

This could be managed through an option inside the configuration settings of your application.

In case you should be willing to upgrade to the latest major version 10 of the component, benefiting a discount as an existing customer, please, send a request using our contact form:
https://www.multimediasoft.com/contact/

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

Ravindra

Hello Severino,

Before upgrading i would like to ascertain whether my problem can be resolved by using trial version of new AudioDJ.
Can i install it by keeping earlier version ? or i have to uninstall it?
Pl. guide how to manage it.

Also you said the problem can be resolved by some options in configuration settings inside the application? Can you elaborate it more how can i do it.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Ravindra

Hi Severino,

I uninstalled previous version and installed new version available on website.
unfortunately while applying a method AudioDjStudio1.DisplayVideoPlayer.DisableVMR7(True)
i am getting error "unable to find entry point named djVideoDisableVMR7 in AdjMMSEng.DLL"

My AdjMMSEng.DLL version is 13.6.0.17.

Can you please find out what should be the problem

Regards,

Ravindra.

Administrator

Hello,

unfortunately there is the need to uninstall the older version before testing the new trial version: as usual it's recommended to backup your projects before proceeding.
You can revert things by uninstalling the trial version and by reinstalling the purchased one, once you have made your tests.

I've just tried to download the trial version available on our servers and to modify one of the sample projects and there was no error: in your case it's very likely that the application is still addressing an older version of the AdjMmsEng.dll, eventually still available in your PC: it's recommended that you verify the presence of other eventual instances.

With regards to the mentioned settings inside the application, this could be seen as a "troubleshooter": adding a checkbox with this feature inside your application "Settings" would allow the user to try addressing the issue in case he should experience a blank screen.

Hope this help.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft