ConvertSoundFileDone event missing some errors

Started by cdub, August 10, 2022, 08:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdub

Hello,

If I use conversion automation and add files/folders for conversion automation, if any of those files are not valid input formats (for example if I add a jpg image for conversion to .wav), the control should return an error when it raises ConvertSoundFileDone.

Unfortunately the result code raised by ConvertSoundFileDone is 0 in this case, so I can't test for an error. Furthermore, the control creates a very short, silent output file without any indication that the input filetype was invalid.

I can cycle through filenames to check for invalid filetypes before calling ConvertAutomationExecute but if any of the input files have the correct extension but are corrupt there still is no error code returned.

Thanks for your time.

Administrator

Hello and thanks for your feedback.

This was indeed a bug inside our multimedia engine. You can get the latest build 13.6.0.19 of the multimedia engine, that should fix the issue, from the link below:
https://www.multimediasoft.com/bins/AdjMmsEng13.zip
and you can use it to replace existing instances on your PC under the following folders:
* C:\Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active DJ Studio\Redist
* C:\Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Recorder\Redist
* C:\Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Editor\Redist
* If your machine has a x86 version of Windows
                - C:\Windows\System32
* If your machine has a x64 version of Windows
                - C:\Windows\SysWOW64

The x64 version is available as well on the link below:
https://www.multimediasoft.com/bins/AdjMmsEng13_64.zip
and you can use it to replace existing instances on your PC under the following folders:
* C:\Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active DJ Studio\Redist
* C:\Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Recorder\Redist
* C:\Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Editor\Redist
* If your machine has a x64 version of Windows
                - C:\Windows\System32

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

cdub

cdub

Hello,

Discovered another bug relating to errors.

If you add files for conversion automation and begin the automation, but one of the files throws an error, nFileIndex is not incremented in the subsequent ConvertSoundFileDone event. The file with the error and the next successful file have the same index within the automation.

The reason this is important is that I test if (nFileIndex+1) = .ConvertAutomationGetFilesCount in the ConvertSoundFileDone event to know if convert automation is finished. It also messes up the progress bar estimating the conversion of the whole batch of files.

Thanks for your time.

Administrator

Hello and thanks again for your feedback.

Effectively the counter wasn't updated in case of error so we have just uploaded a patch on our web site: you can use same urls provided last time for the patched build of the multimedia engine.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

cdub

That was incredibly fast, thank you! I don't think I've ever seen a product patched less than 20 minutes after a bug report before. Truly amazing. Have a great day!