append directly to hard disk

Started by mjividen, December 11, 2019, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjividen

My application will be used to record half-hour and hour-long audio programs for radio broadcast.  There would be no copy and paste editing available.  As the audio sound recorder library seems to work, should the user stop the recorder after a few minutes then begin recording again, the second session goes to memory, the wave analyzer is cleared and the duration callback starts at zero.  The user now has no indication of the total length of the recording but only sees the duration of the current session. I can't rely on the user simply clicking PAUSE to avoid using the STOP function.  And, not using STOP creates issues if the user wishes to rewind and then overwrite some of their recording.

My questions are these:

1) since the final audio programs would regularly be 60 minutes, I'd rather not be recording directly to memory.  Can I restart the current session and append directly to the original data on the hard drive?

2) can I prevent the recording duration from starting at zero each time the user stops the recording but to accumulate to the total length of the recorded program?

- Mark

Administrator

Hello Mark,

you can restart the recording session to disk directly in append mode through the SetRecordingMode method having the nMode parameter set to REC_MODE_APPEND and, in case a rewind should be needed at a specific position, you could use the SetRecordingMode method having the nMode parameter set to REC_MODE_OVERWRITE and set the overwrite position through the SetOverwritePos method.

It's important to note that you can always keep count of the duration of the current recording session and also of the one that was stopped and restarted in append/mix/overwrite/insert mode by catching the RecordingDuration event and the RecordingPosition event; please, check the related documentation for further details.

Hope this would be of help.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft