VideoMixer issue

Started by pcuevas, September 04, 2019, 01:21:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcuevas

Hello,

When i create a videomixer in delphi (RAD Studio 10.3 Rio), functions like MillisecondOfTheDay, SecondOfTheDay, etc. Stops working.

//Next two call to MillecondOfTheDay function return different values
ShowMessage('B'+MillisecondOfTheDay(Now).ToString);
ShowMessage('E'+MillisecondOfTheDay(Now).ToString);

DJ.InitDJSystem(1, Handle, 0, 0, 0, 0);

//Right after next call, functions stops working
nMixer:= DJ.VideoMixer.Create(Handle, 0, 0, Width, Height, 0);

//Next two call to MillecondOfTheDay function return the same value
ShowMessage('B'+MillisecondOfTheDay(Now).ToString);
ShowMessage('E'+MillisecondOfTheDay(Now).ToString);

Regards

Administrator

Hello,

unfortunately the MillecondOfTheDay function doesn't belong to our component so we don't know how the component could interact with it.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

pcuevas

Hello,

Exactly that's my point, yours components does'nt suppose to interact with delphi functions, however something goes wrong when videomixer is created. So please, i need help to successfuly handle the videomixer. I can send to you a delphi complete source code or anything else that you want me to send.

Regards

Administrator

Hello,

in order to allow the video mixer window to be instanced inside the container form, our component effectively needs to modify some style of the same form so there is the possibility that RAD-generated forms suffers the modification. In order to understand if this is the case, due to the fact that we don't own a license for RAD studio, it could be useful receiving a working exe file that would reproduce the issue in an evident way so we could see, by commenting out our code step by step, when the MillecondOfTheDay function starts again working. Hope this makes sense.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

pcuevas

Hello,
I have tried to post message with a zip file attached, but i always get the fallowing message "Cannot access attachments upload path!".

Regards,
Patricio

Administrator

Hello,

have you verified that the zip doesn't exceed 500 kbytes? You may in any case send the zip file to our e-mail account support@multimediasoft.com

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

pcuevas

Hello,
I already send a zip file to support@multimediasoft.com, i hope you can reproduce the issue on your side.

Regards,
Patricio

Administrator

Hello,

unfortunately your message was not received, probably due to the fact that certain e-mail servers will automatically discard attachments containing exe files, also when zipped.

Please, try to upload the file into our FTP server:
ftp://ftp.mmsoftlabs.com
username: myguest@multimediasoft.com
password: MMsoft20

Once upload is completed, please, send us a note.

Kind regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

pcuevas

Hello,

I already uploaded the zip file.

Regards,
Patricio.

Administrator

Hello Patricio,

thanks for sending the sample: we have identified the exact line of our code which "causes" the issue: in this line our code creates the video mixer window as a child of the container form through a totally legitimate code using the CreateWindowEx function of the MS Windows API, indeed this call works for the majority of environments. Unfortunately we don't have the possibility to understand the reason why the MillecondOfTheDay function stops working internally after creating the child window because we don't have access to the RAD's code.
In this case it would be recommended to contact the RAD support team in order to check if they can better understand what happens inside their code: we would be obviously available for cooperating with them in order to be of help.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

pcuevas

Hello Severino,
i will do some research about createwindowsex function and radstudio and i will let you know about that.
Now i facing another issue. When i call DJ.LoadSoundFromEditingSession function and create and automation procedure thru calls to DJ.VolumeAutomation.PointAdd, then when sliding volume is in progress and sound stops thru call to DJ.StopSound, Sliding process is not cancelled, issliding function always returns true and the only workaround i have found is call function closesound then LoadSoundFromEditingSession again. Is there another way to cancel sliding volume?.

Regards,
Patricio

Administrator

Hello,

effectively, although not well documented, the StopSound method will stop the playing sound but will not disable the current volume automation procedure so, in case you should invoke the PlaySound method again, the sliding would continue from the same volume level available when the sound was stopped; the exact same thing would happen when invoking the PauseSound method: the sliding would be in a sort of paused state but it would be in any case still active and, when the ResumeSound method is invoked, both the sliding and the sound would resume.

The only way to totally discard an occurring automation is to close the loaded sound file as you reported.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

pcuevas

Hello,
The inconvenience is when you need to invoke PlaySound method again in another audio file position, it's almost mandatory reset the current volume automation procedure. Do you have plan to implement a volume automation procedure reset method in the near future?

Regards,
Patricio

Administrator

Hello Patricio,

I can understand your point: we will try to check if this can be done during the incoming week. I will keep you posted when we will have something to try.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

Administrator

Hello Patricio,

we have modified our multimedia engine so it should now interrupt an eventual sliding when the StopSound method is invoked.
You can get the latest build of the multimedia engine from the link below:
http://www.multimediasoft.com/bins/AdjMmsEng13.zip
and you can use it to replace existing instances on your PC under the following folders:
* \Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active DJ Studio\Redist
* \Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Recorder\Redist
* \Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Editor\Redist
* If your machine has a x86 version of Windows
   - \Windows\System32
* If your machine has a x64 version of Windows
   - \Windows\SysWOW64

The x64 version is available as well on the link below:
http://www.multimediasoft.com/bins/AdjMmsEng13_64.zip
and you can use it to replace existing instances on your PC under the following folders:
* \Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active DJ Studio\Redist
* \Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Recorder\Redist
* \Program Files\Active Sound Suite\Active Sound Editor\Redist
* If your machine has a x64 version of Windows
   - \Windows\System32

In case you should have previously manually copied the multimedia engine in other folders for testing purposes, please, be sure to have them replaced as well.

It would be very kind of you if you could report us if the updated version is enough to fix the reported issue.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft