Driving custom VUMeters from Players

Started by vbfan, April 07, 2015, 12:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbfan

Hi,
using VB.Net 2008. I'm intended to use two custom VUMeters for two different players, say VUmeter1 for Player1 and VUMeter2 for Player2. 
Embedded VUMeters are working fine but I want to use customized VUMeters that have the property

VUMeter1.Level  'can handle a value from 0 to 40000

I've the following VUMeter related code:
In the Form Load I've:
     AudioDjStudio1.DisplayVUMeter.Create(Player1, VuMeter1.Handle)
     AudioDjStudio1.DisplayVUMeter.Create(Player2, VuMeter2.Handle)

For event Handling:
Private Sub audioDjStudio1_VUMeterValueChange(ByVal Sander As Object, ByVal e As AudioDjStudio.VUMeterValueChangeEventArgs) _ HandlesudioDjStudio1.VUMeterValueChange
        VUMeter1.Value = e.nPeakLeft   'Works fine only for Player1
End Sub

I don't know how to drive my VUMeter2 from Player2. I admit that I'm missing some extremely basic concept (especially with event handling). :-\ I've studied documentation but could not figure it even after spending a whole day. Can you please reveal the correct syntax and concept that can drive two VUMeters (VUMeter1 and VUMeter2) from two different Players(Player1 and Player2)?  :)
Best regards.

Administrator

Hello,

the VUMeterValueChangeEventArgs class, represented by the "e" parameter of the VUMeterValueChange event, is made of 3 elements and the first element is nPlayerIndex: this number represents the zero-based index of the player that fired the event so, during playback of the 2 streams loaded into Player1 and Player2, it will be fired once for Player1 and once for Player2: usually, as seen inside our samples, Player1 has value 0 while Player2 has value 1 so the parameter nPlayerIndex will come once with value 0 and once with value 1.

The pseudo-code for driving the 2 custom vu-meters will be something similar:

Private Sub audioDjStudio1_VUMeterValueChange(ByVal Sander As Object, ByVal e As AudioDjStudio.VUMeterValueChangeEventArgs) _ HandlesudioDjStudio1.VUMeterValueChange
    If e.nPlayerIndex = Player1 Then
        VUMeter1.Value = e.nPeakLeft
    ElseIf e.nPlayerIndex = Player2 Then
        VUMeter2.Value = e.nPeakLeft
    End If
End Sub

Hope this better explains the usage of the e.nPlayerIndex which is identical for any player-related event.

Kind Regards

Severino Delaurenti
MultiMedia Soft

vbfan

Thanks. I got the idea and managed it with success.  :D Actually I was confused with the concept of e.
It's working fine now.You helped me a lot (as usual :) ). Thanks again.